Rave parties became extremely popular in the 1980s. People who attended these parties were called the ravers, and they used to wear baggy clothing, including oversized shirts, pants, and outfits inspired by cartoon characters. They accessorized themselves with toy chains and child-themed accessories. But since decades have passed, the changes have been quite drastic in dressing up for these parties.
These parties are all-night dance parties that are now spread to many parts of Europe and North America. It is quite different from usual parties. The music is EDM or techno with a wild culture, light displays, and sound system. Rave parties always have a certain theme, and what you wear depends highly on it. You can check Rave or Sleep, a brand that offers a wide variety of rave & festival bodysuits.
How to choose your Rave bodysuit?
Rave fashion is distinct in a variety of ways, as you may be aware. It is open-minded, unconventional, colorful, courageous, and distinctive, as it is typically worn by people who enjoy standing out and expressing themselves.
Before you start filling in the specifics, double-check that the basics are correct. Choosing the right rave bodysuit attire isn't rocket science, but here are some general guidelines to follow:
- The bodysuit should be your right size, and it should feel like your second skin, neither loose nor tight. It should fit you perfectly.
- The design should also be decided, such as long-sleeved, short-sleeved, or sleeveless.
- You can choose the pattern that you like, be it cyberpunk or mystical, choose your style.
- Always remember less is more. Wearing clothes that give you space to breathe and stay cool is the way to dress for these parties.
How to style your rave bodysuit?
Conventional fashion cannot be followed in these parties. Nobody wears a bodysuit and goes out shopping for groceries. During the summer, bodysuits are paired with high jeans or a skirt. A quality bodysuit can be enough for these parties. But if you want to amp up your look, you can try some of the tips that are mentioned below.
The first thing is to remember that these parties require you to be extremely comfortable. So, do what your heart desires but follow the theme that has been kept.
- Avoid tights as they can downgrade your ultimate appearance. Of course, if you feel more comfortable wearing that, go ahead and put on some tights.
- When going for a sporty look, pair your bodysuit with sneakers or sports shoes. When going for a classy and elegant look, put on heels or platform shoes.
- A rave party is never complete without the rave accessories! Here are some of the best ideas that you can choose last minute:
- Elastic bandanas and neck gaiters can be used for a variety of things, from wristbands to hair ornaments and everything in between.
- It's also a good idea to wear some kickass statement jewelry, as long as it doesn't get in the way while you're trying to dance your soul away.
- Sunglasses are almost always considered a must-have, especially if you're attending a daytime festival in the scorching summer sun.
- Why not add a wig to the mix? Because raving with long pink hair is an experience, you'd like to have. Of course, if you don't already have your own all-natural long pink hair.
Read Also: Rave Festival Outfits Ideas for Ravers
These tips are more generic, and below are some of the more creative ideas to get ready for these rave parties.
- You can try the glow-in-the-dark body paint as rave parties are all about eccentric lights.
- While doing your makeup, you can add rhinestones and other face jewels.
- You can pair your bodysuit with Kandi bracelets which are made up of a barrage of neon colors.
- Bring a fanny pack with you as it will help you to hold the most important things such as sunscreen, power banks, your phone, and a snack.
These are some of the best ways that you can style yourself with your bodysuit to go and attend a rave party. That's all! Go and have fun! Don't forget to keep yourself hydrated and wear your face masks.
Read Also: Follow the Rave Fashion Trends for 2022